Bonjour Teenyboppers around the world. I want to ask you all the most disputed question of the family and that is What do you think is the right age to own a cellphone? While I am happy to share my jillion reasons why a teenager should own one? I was lucky to get one, courtesy my maternal grandpa. ya ya ya … my parents still crib about the same.
Let’s look at how it adds value in our lives.
- Hands on knowledge on making videos. (You never know if there is a cinematographer in making)
- Pro at using apps. (What if coding and developing apps is next on my mind)
- Photography (The next child photographer award goes to me….)
- Acing traits to be a celebrated social media influencer.
- Limitless options to learn various forms of arts.
Despite me giving some really valuable logics yet we all know that most of us our glued on to our social media handles, what’s app and Netflix which is what makes our parents drive up the wall. Not that they are to be blamed and which is why comes the cell phone contract in our lives.
I personally feel it’s better to sign one and own your cell phone then to have none at all.
I can go on and on but I guess it’s time for you all to share why you need a cell phone? And if you do have a contract in place- share your do’s and don’ts.
Meanwhile have a look at mine.
jusque-là passez une bonne journée (till then have a great day).
I’m responsible for
- Answer my parents calls without fail.
- Respond to my grandparents and close relatives’ mails-texts
- Follow the guidelines when I am ta friend’s place, temple, etc.
- Let my parents know right away about any unknown texts, calls and images.
- Make sure my phone is charged especially when I am out.
- Keep it in good condition.
- If I lose or break it- replacement will cost 6 months of no pocket money.
- No pass code, finger print when at home.
- Hand over to parents at any time for any reason.
- Keep it off during study time.
- Friend Contact List to be synced with mom’s phone.
I will not do it
- Text, mail, share anything from this device to anyone that I wouldn’t say in person.
- Take inappropriate pictures of myself.
- Indulge in activities that don’t come in my age category.
- Call or text post 9 PM
- Bring my phone to dinner table.
- I shall not let anyone use my phone other than my parents.
- Smart phone daily usage time not more than 30 minutes.